Saturday 28 July 2007

My first post

Ok, my first post. What to write about?

I have been reading Tobold's blog, and it leaves me wondering how they write so much. Tolbold, in case you didn't know, has been blogging about World of Warcraft for the last 2 years, but has decided to cancel his subscription, at least for now.

I haven't been playing as long as him, but I am still playing when I can (which is quite often, actually!). I have several characters that I play, and mainly Alliance (I have 4 Horde characters spread over 3 different servers), my main being a Warlock, but I also have a Mage, Priest, Druid, Paladin, Hunter, Rogue... I think I have all the classes covered over the 4 servers that I use!

I started them when I hit the low 40s with my lock. I just got my mount, and then for some reason I didn’t really progress as easily, so got bored with playing him and rolled other classes, for no particular reason.

I suppose it gave me a chance to try out the other available professions, though, and I am regularly mailing materials and potions, etc around my characters, rather than selling them on the Auction House.

It means therefore, that I can't give you a blow-by-blow account of life from level 1, but I hope to recount some of my experiences from where they are now.

My Mage, for example. Yesterday she went to the Cathedral wing of the Scarlet Monastery. She is my second character to get to level 46, but the first to visit SM. I forgot she had been to another part, as one of the quests in her log has been partially completed. 'In The Name of the Light' is where you have to kill 4 bosses in 3 wings (you don't need to go to the graveyard for this quest), and up until then, I had only killed Loksey (who hangs out in the Library - this is where the Scarlet Key is, which gives you access to the Armory and the Cathedral).

We had 2 shammys, me, a hunter and a tank. We made it through, although we wiped once (except the hunter, of course), but with two self-rezzing rezzers, it wasn’t too much of a worry.

Anyway, we got back to where the entrances all were, and one of the party said that they would get one of their alts to run me through the last part to kill Herod, and this is where the unfortunate consequences of a male playing a female were revealed.

I teleported to Ironforge quite swiftly!

I guess some of you wonder why I play female characters? One of my guild friends would never entertain the idea of playing a female, whereas I know a couple of guildies that have rolled females. I am not sure why I did either, but it just seemed more appropriate that my mage, druid and priest were female. My pally, rogue, hunter and warrior are all males, doing the macho thing, and with the exception of the mage, they are both what I see as 'gentler' classes.

I have just seen how much I have written - I hope I haven't bored you to death too much, but if you do happen across this, let me know what you think. Although it is likely to focus on WoW, other things will be covered, like Formula 1, my job, plus various other things that are not WoW-related.

No comments: